Start Date – May 1st 2015
Denim World Championships
Come one, come all, any country, any weight and any brand. The team behind the biggest denim contest in the world, the HWDC, are opening up the field of competition to denim of all weights to compete in their own division. Anyone can enter; section winners go forward to win the “Yokozuna” belt as Undisputed World Champion.
- 7 – 10oz – Flyweight
- 11 – 14oz – Lightweight
- 15 – 18oz – Middleweight
- 19 – 21oz – Heavyweight
- 21oz + – Super Heavyweight Division
Winners will be put forward to a final showdown to compete to become the undisputed champion.
$20 to Enter
DTWC – Denim Tux World Championship
Double the denim, double the fun. Save yourself thinking about what you want to wear every day for next 24 months by doubling your denim. DTWC entrants will compete for their own title as well as the DWC, think of it as competing in boxing AND mixed martial arts simultaneously.
WARNING: To enter the DTWC you MUST be committed to your denim. This is for the hardcore only and comes with its own set of hardcore rules.
You cannot rotate your jeans or jacket/ shirt with other denim. If you’re in then you’re in for the long haul.
If you don’t update, you’re gone. No complaints, no second chances. Updates are monthly, you miss more than one and you’re out. Your denim can be any weight to enter the DTWC, and the weights/ brands do not need to match, so long as it’s denim.
$40 to Enter
HWDC3 – Last Man Standing
Not quite ready to give up your HWDC jeans yet? Then don’t, carry them on in our Last Man Standing contest. Can they last another 2 years? Do you have the nuts to wear them to rags? This is your chance to win the “LMS Beaten Belt”.
- You have 24 months to wear your jeans into retirement, or to continue to beautifully evolve them to perfection.
- No rotation.
- You decide when to retire them.
$15 to Enter
Oyuki – Kids Denim Contest
Here at the DWC we believe the children are our denim future, we also believe that no one fades jeans like kids owing to their boundless energy and constant play. With this in mind we are both pleased and excited to offer the KDWC (Kids Denim World Championship), giving your little one the chance to be crowned denim ruler of the young world.
Just like in the full DWC there will be a chance to win a specially commissioned KDWC belt, and a fresh pair of denim from our KDWC sponsors Oyuki Denim, creators of quality jeans for kids.
- – Any brand or make of jeans is permitted.
- – Kids can enter and leave the contest as they please, and retire their jeans when they want to (we know that what fits the little one today, might not do so in 6 months time).
- – Parents permission is required, and all photos must be published by parents/ guardians or with their express permission.
- – Pictures of the children are not a requirement, just the jeans.
- – Age range of the KWDC is 1 – 13 years old.
- – Entry fee for the KDWC is $10 ( the responsibility of the bank of mum and dad).
$10 to Enter
Boots World Championship
Back for a second run is the Boots World Championship, the idea is simple, you simply commit yourself to a pair of quality boots for a two year period and share with the rest of your fellow contestants the duel progress of wear and care.
For those able and brave enough there will also be a fitness element to this contest for the first time, called “Boots On The Ground”, which will entail the wearer to share 6 walks which you have taken your boots on over the two year contest period.
The contest will be sponsored for the first time by The Bootery, the official distributor and retailer of Wesco Boots in Europe, who will be offering a discount on an exclusive to them pair of boots for contest entrants, plus a discount on all Wesco boots purchased through The Bootery.
$20 to Enter
The Artisan Challenge
One artisan, one design, one wearer. Invitation only. Running from May 1st 2015 till May 1st 2017, jeans need to be completed by April 1st 2015. Transparency regarding full design and production process, including personal statement by the artisan. Monthly uploads to the forum for design, production and wear & tear. Judging will be done based on various criteria and is in the hands of a selected group of industry professionals that are not directly linked to either the organization or participants of the challenge.
$20 to Enter
The competition start date is May 1st 2015, but you can enter any time after that date, if you think that you can make a good stab at competing in 18 or 12 months rather than 24 feel free to have a go.
- Entrance fee for DWC contestants is a mandatory $20.
- Entrance fee for DTWC contestants is a mandatory $40.
- Entrance fee for HWDC Last Man Standing is a mandatory $15.
- Entrance fee for Oyuki Kids Denim Contest is a mandatory $5.
The DWC will run via its own website.
Competition will also be multi forum once again; those forums will be
No further forums will be added due to the logistics of keeping up with so many forums.
The DWC will run through this website, kindly provided by our sponsors and designed by long term collaborator Jimmy Crow of Double XX. The website has it’s own forum with each contestant having their own thread to exclusively showcase their journey, the benefits of this being that it will be much easier to see who is active and who is not, and contestants personal updates will be easily accessed in chronological order to allow the beautiful and subtle denim evolution progress to be seen as it happens.
Aside from this the DWC site will also be a social space for contestants to chat about their progress and anything else which comes to mind.
Things that remain the same
- Challenges will remain; they have been a huge amount of fun in HWDC2.
- Amnesty of 30 wears pre contest remains.
- Concept art ready 08/06/14.
- Website complete 09/10/14
- Public preview of concept art 09/11/14
- Announcement 01/01/15
- Open registration 01/01/15
- Competition begins 01/05/15
- End HWDC2 and Launch DWC in Tokyo, Japan May 2015 (To be decided)
Current Partners and Sponsors
- Iron Heart (Japan)
- Oyuki (Netherlands)
- Double XX (USA/Germany)
- Self Edge (USA)
- Rivet and Hide (UK)
- V Shop (Belgium)
- VMC Shop (Switzerland)
- Vater & Sohn (Germany)
- NoKipple (UK)
- Naked & Famous (JAPAN)
- Kronoz (Malaysia)
- Tate + Yoko (JAPAN)
- WESCO-the Bootery (UK)
- Red Cloud (Singapore)
- Denimhunters (Denmark)
Contest Ends May 1, 2017